First time with cellulitus right arm

HOSPICE, genetics clinic, leaking legs, EMG, nerve conductions, phantom liquid feeling, chronic fatigue, chills, malaise, ankle pain, swollen feet, transient lymphedema, full body lymphedema, tissue hardness, dystonia, painful boil

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

First time with cellulitus right arm

Postby sunburn » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:00 pm

I have had Lymphedema for 14 years.Right arm.I started MLD and wrapping last fall.We got my arm back to normal size and I went with new Juso sleeze.I was wrapping 3 times a week before I got the new sleeve .I went to 2 times a week. then 1.I missed 3 weeks of Mld and wrapping when my mother
passed away Dec 6. last weekend I wrapped my arm.Pain like I HAVE NEVER HAD .I have a spot of fibrosis above my elbow on my forarm it was the size of my thumb.The cellulitus showed up behind the
fibrosis.Red and swelling.I listen to you on this web site went to urgent care Dec 30.They gave me a
shot of roosslin 500mg. and prescription for Keflex 500mg 4 times a day.The pain is going away and
the redness has retreated to just the forarm.its was all the way to my arm pit.the color is pink now
my arm reminds me of a lava lamp.Fibrosis in my arm is hard like a rock and still has fever in it.I
have been on antibiotics 48hrs.going to the family doctor monaday morning.how long does this stuff
last?
sunburn

Re: First time with cellulitus right arm

Postby queenphoton » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:29 am

It can lost some time, I haven't had it myself, but many family members have. It is really a bad infection in which you must really keep an eye on.
queenphoton

Postby patoco » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:51 am

Hi Ya Sunburn :)

Generally, cellulitis will run its course and be completely gone with 7 - 10 days of antibiotics.

The pain that accompanies cellulitis is probably the worse type of physical pain that I've had. There seems to be much more pain with it then I've had with any surgery, injury etc. If you ever need a short course of pain meds to help, don't be afraid to ask your doc.

Glad to hear you are doing better - just give yourself time now to get your energy levels and spunk back.

So sorry to hear about your mom, I lost mine a couple years ago and I still really miss her. She wasn't just a mom to me, as an adult, she really became one of my best friends too.

Big hug to ya!

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby sunburn » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:44 pm

Color is better.still turns pink then white.I got a battle going on in there.I drank some cranberrie juice
and pushed allot of water.The pain is going away and the Fibrosis is SHRINKING getting soft.I have
am very motivated.I feel good today.
sunburn

Postby sunburn » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:19 pm

cellulitus is gone !wrapped my arm and got the swelling down.I went to my family doc
gave me another week of Keflex.still drinking Cranberrie juice.

sunburn
sunburn

Postby patoco » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:18 am

Hi ya Sunburn :!:

Super good news :) :!: :!:

Let's hope now that it will stay gone and that things will get rapidly back to normal for you.

it's probably a good thing to get the extra Keflex, just to make sure the bacteria is totally wiped out and you can't go wrong with Cranberry juice either - love that stuff myself.

Here's to a healthier new year for you :)

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Lymphedema Personal stories