Being young, single, with lymphedema

Special Section for Ages 15 through 35. Late Teens through young adults, clothes, toe leakage, study, work, shoes

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, Birdwatcher, blush

Being young, single, with lymphedema

Postby sweetsiren » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:49 pm

Hey everyone,

As you may have guessed I'm a single young woman with lymphedema swinging through the jungle scene of dating while managing my condition. I'm just asking everyone what their take on this topic would be...how has everyone been doing with the dating scene ...it's tough I know ...but feel free to be honest and up front....A penny for your thoughts please!! :)
sweetsiren

Hello

Postby lleggs1371 » Wed May 16, 2007 10:59 am

It is truly ajungle out there. Just take yiur time and be patient. I kept and still keep a positive, bubbly attitude about my life and my condition. I have broken the ice with people by being apart of group discussions where I was the only one with LE. By doing so, I have educated people who otherwise have possibly had a negative opinion as to my figure or someone elses figure in the same condition. Again, just be strong and keep your head up.

lleggs
lleggs1371

Postby blush » Thu May 31, 2007 8:22 am

i met a guy a couple of year ago and i had pretty much just been diagnosed. he was absolutely great. i think its important to find someone who understands and is supportive.
he came along and got taught the massage and helps a lot with my charity for young poeple with le.
i like explaining it to people i have met and a lot of the time they dont even care. its a good tester for someone who likis you for you!!

:)
blush

Postby blush » Thu May 31, 2007 8:22 am

oh yeah!! and be confident!!!
blush

Postby blush » Thu May 31, 2007 8:23 am

and like my mum sais to me today. lots of peopel have baggage in a reltionship, mines just lymphoedema!! lol
blush

Re: Being young, single, with lymphedema

Postby gogogirl » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:19 pm

I have a LOT of experience with the frustrations of dating with lympedema.
I wish I could say that it's been a breeze but it hasn't, its been somewhat of a roller coaster.
Depending on the guy, I will try to hide it from the person I'm dating...is that bad? I really have to trust the person in order to open up about it, ya know?

Im just saying, its not as easy as it looks....
gogogirl

Return to Young People with Lymphedema