The Second International NLN Patient Summit

Israel Lymphedema Association, Telesto Medtech, Compression Garments, international websites, lymphedema links, Letter of Medical Necessity, online medical sources, suppliers, insurance companies, lymphedema products

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

The Second International NLN Patient Summit

Postby patoco » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:37 am

The 2nd International NLN Patient Summit

Lymphedema: Sharing Our World Of Knowledge

For Patients, Those At Risk, Family Members, Caregivers and Advocates

October 5 - 7, 2007
Renaissance Waverly Hotel
Atlanta, GA

http://www.lymphnet.org/2007summit/ptsummit07.html

The National Lymphedema Network, Inc (NLN) is proud to present the 2nd International Patient Summit, Lymphedema: Sharing Our World of Knowledge. In American medicine, patients play a pivotal role in the Health industry, particularly when it comes to lymphedema; through perseverance and dedicated advocacy, numerous lymphedema support groups and individual patients have helped change the face of medicine, one community--and often one person--at a time.

The Patient Summit will be a place for patients, those at risk, family members, caregivers and advocates to come together to learn and "share our world of knowledge".

The 2 1/2 day event will cover all areas of lymphatic disease and
will have some of the countries most respected physicians and
therapists presenting on topics covering treatment, bandaging,
exercise, self care, pediatric care, genetics, diagnostic tools and
much more. There will also be a complete exhibit hall, networking
reception and a Patient Clinic.

***** Special Note

We of Lymphedema People are pleased to give the upcoming conference our whole-hearted endorsement. Please
join us this October in Atlanta! :!: :!:

Pat O'Connor
Lymphedema People
http://www.lymphedemapeople.com
patoco
Site Admin

Postby gottahavesun » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:01 pm

I'll be coming! Maybe if others from this board are coming as well we can all meet face to face for dinner one night. I wasn't able to make the first one due to the distance but am happy to see they moved this one on my side of the US.

Silkie--this would be a wonderful time for you to come to the US if you are able to make it!
gottahavesun

I want to go

Postby erinfisher » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:24 pm

I am going to try to come. I do not know anyone with this condition and I would really like to be around people that understand. I tell people and they think it is no big deal (except my leg looks fat). People I don't know ask if I sprained my ankle and such. Anyhow... I would like to attend. Hope to! Erin
erinfisher

Postby patoco » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:45 pm

Hi Erin :D

I really hope you can attend....it will be a great conference. :!: :!: :!: :wink:

I love going to not just for the incredible info, but it really is a blast to people other members and people who's articles I read etc....so pack that suitcase. :D

ps...word has it I am going to be a conference faculty member and conduct a roundtable on something.

See you there

Pat O
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Organizations, Support Groups, Vendors